Friday, April 18, 2008

Diets...II

So, I was complaining to Lex that I just didn't think this diet was for me and, although I'm willing to continue cooking to accommodate he and sweet son, I was going to have to do something different. I was ranting, in a sort of gentle way, that I haven't seen enough change in the scale and that just wasn't going to cut it for me. I was continuing on about how they were losing more because men and women are just built different and what works for them doesn't necessarily work for me. As I continued on, really not even talking to him any longer...just talking out loud, he quietly said my name about three times. I heard it but couldn't imagine why he was interrupting my beautiful dissertation when I finally became irritated and said...

"What!?"
"But do you feel better? Do you have more energy? Are you sleeping better at night?"

O brother. What stupid questions. I'm talking about pounds here! Not feelings!

Lex continues..."I don't know why people are so wrapped up in the scale thing. It's about health. About how you feel. The pounds come off eventually if you're doing good things for your body."

Good grief! He just doesn't know anything about competitive dieting!

Blessings!

3 comments:

julie said...

Sandra, I haven't read your blog for a long time and so tonight I caught up, mostly. I sometimes see your daughter and have been missing your son and have thought of you now and then....so, tonight I came here to catch up with your life. Just thought I would let you know that I was here.

Cheryl said...

I'm with you! Forget about feeling better or sleeping at night - we want to see the scale show progress!!! (Actually, the older I get, the less I believe this, but I do still weigh in and let the numbers get to me from time to time.) Hope this is a successful journey for your sweet family.

Brady said...

Did Lex duck after he asked you those questions? I hope you lose lots of weight, but I also hope you feel good about it, and the process, as you are doing it. Good for you, girl. Keep it up.