Thursday, April 17, 2008

Diets

A few weeks ago, my boys and I decided for various reasons that we needed to eat healthier.

So, we set out on a little healthy competition. They (the boys) felt comfortable with an "Adkins-type" diet and I agreed, wanting to be the supportive spouse and mother that I am. Adkins, as you all know, is a high protein low carb diet eating plan. Lots of meat, chicken, fish, sausage, bacon, cheese, whole milk, all fat sour cream. You are supposed to eat plenty of vegies (but the right kind of vegies...no carrots, corn, potatoes).

Let me say, on this the end of week three, I am sick of meat patties and green beans. AND, to top it off, I, the one who usually loses 10-15 lbs the first two weeks of a diet, have only lost 6 lbs! Yes, you heard me correctly. 3 weeks = 6 lbs. Avery, however, lost 6 lbs the first week he was on it.

Goodness. I need to make some adjustments because let me tell you, I just can't let that kid pass me up on the weight loss competition!

There are so many things he can do that I can't do. Math, Science, Computers, Build Rockets, Tear apart and re-build engines...just for the fun of it, Lift couches. But this, the diet thing, I'm the master of this. He can't beat me at this, too!

O.K. It's on baby!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Micah Foster said...

no, no, no there's nothing to share...there's just some pressure from other people to expand the fam...but we're good with 2 (and a dog) for some time still