Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sweet Boy

I don't often talk about my son for a couple of reasons...


First, he doesn't like the world knowing his business, and I respect that. And, second, he doesn't live his life to be in the spotlight, and I admire that, also.


But, let me say that he is an amazing young man.


He goes to homes of our church folks to fix computers, or program their cell phones, or whatever tech problem they may be having.


He takes time to talk to little ones at church, bending to their level and taking great interest in what they have to say. And, at the same time, will stand with an elderly person for a very long time talking and sharing and taking in their wisdom.

He's one of the people in the back of the church hauling in chairs when we run out of seats.

He has a work ethic that is extraordinary. And a black and white attitude to what is right and wrong.


He loves his sister without measure.


He protects his mom.


He admires his dad.


He loves and serves God.


He's extremely intelligent, but always humble about his knowledge.


He is a precious boy.


He is outside right now washing my car...just because it needed it. Not because I asked.


Thank you, God. What a treat it is to be his mother.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You truly are very, very blessed. he sounds amazing.

Thurman8er said...

I'd say he was a great kid, but I'm fairly sure he's not a kid anymore.

Brady said...

Stop it, Avery. YOu're making it impossible on the rest of us sluggard sons…