Sunday, March 16, 2008

God Working...

I am looking forward to this morning...it is 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning, and so far, the person speaking and I are the only ones at the building. However, in about 15 minutes, the worship team will be rolling in.

I love some of the songs we're singing this morning. Every week, we sing something that is a favorite of mine, not because we sing the same things over and over, but because thousands of songs are my favorites!

However, it's not the song itself that is exciting to me, although it is a beauty. It is because one of the singers, singing for the very first time, will be singing a part in a trio. I found out, accidentally, that she sings beautifully. I already knew I loved her as a woman of God and sister in Christ, but when I found out she can pull out that alto part, I was giddy!

She refused flat my first prodding of singing with us, but after prayer, came back and told me that God is dealing with her in this particular area of faith. Then, I made it worse by telling her she would be singing a special trio without other altos. She was close to angry, in a loving way, that I would even suggest it. Absolutely not, she told me last Sunday. I asked her to listen to the song, pray about it, and if she said "no", I would respect it.

Early last week, she came in and said that she didn't know why, but God was calling her to this and she had no other option but to obey!

So, this morning, she will lift her voice for the first time on a worship team, and aside from probably feeling a bit emotional about it, I will be very proud that I was able to watch God work and shape an amazing woman into an even more beautiful child of his. She has taught me much through this.

She is Scared. She is Anxious. She is Faithful. She is Obedient.

No comments: