Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break and Breakfast Burritos

I have been making Breakfast Burritos on Sunday evenings, storing them in the fridge for the boys to warm up in the mornings before they go off to work. 45 seconds in the microwave wrapped in a moist paper towel and you have a fairly healthy protein filled breakfast. Better than nothing.


This week was Spring Break for Ashley, and she has been home, which, of course makes me very happy. We have enjoyed our time together. She was part of an amazing group of people who sang this morning in our Easter Choir. As she sang "Redeemer", the singers were doing our "ooo's" and "ahh's", it was hard to stay focused. I really just wanted to stop and watch her sing. She is amazing. Beautiful, passionate, talented. But it's not just those things that make me watch her with an amazed heart. It is the joy of watching your own child sing a song that states "Well, I know my Redeemer lives..." with great passion and conviction. That is such a blessing.


So, I'm in the kitchen tonight making my usual Breakfast Burritos. Ashley, her Dad and brother, and a friend are in the front room watching a movie. I hear all the sounds...the familiar "every body's home where they belong" sounds. And then it hits me. She will fly back tomorrow morning.


It wasn't just a little tear here and there...oh no, it was the full-on Lucille Ball cry. But fairly silent...didn't want to disturb the movie...or be made fun of for being such a mush.


She left the room for a little intermission break and I told her to come see me in the kitchen when she walked back through. What I meant to do was tell her how proud I was of her. How fun it was having her home. How very special she is. And how very much I love her. But what came out was, well, nothing. She took one look at me and started laughing as she opened her arms and said..."Oh, mama..." We laughed, I cried, and never could say a word. Then she walked back in for the rest of her movie.


I am blessed.

I hope your Easter was filled with moments that brought you closer to your Savior!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice upgrade on the blog site - save me a burrito!