Saturday, November 10, 2007

Grocery Store

I was checking out at the grocery store today and the sweet young thing checking me out starts looking at what I've bought.



Checker: "Hmmm", baking something?"

Me: "yes, not today, but probably tomorrow I'll be making cookies."



Checker: "Cream of Celery soup? I've never heard of that. What is it?"

Me: "It's soup that's creamy and has celery in it."



Checker: "oooo, I love celery. Do you think I'd like this?"

Me: "well, I don't know, I've never actually eaten it alone, I always use it in things I'm making. But if you like celery, you would probably like it."



Checker: "I really like celery. Do you think it has like chunks of celery in it?"

Me: "why, yes, I believe there are bits of celery in the Cream of Celery soup."



Checker: "mmm, yum. I can't imagine that in cookies, but I'm sure you know what you're doing."



Me: (silent...very silent...looking straight at her...not able to move my lips...very glad I was alone and my husband wasn't with me to absolutely double over with laughter.)



Bless her heart!



Blessings!





4 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Way to be strong there. I would be biting my lip so hard. I can't wait to try them Cream of Celery soup cookies at the next church potluck. :)

cwinwc said...

There's a "southern comedian" upon being asked if there are bits of celery in Cream of Celery soup would say, "Here's your sign."

Thurman8er said...

Celery cookies sound yucky. Please do not make celery cookies.

Brady said...

There is an old Swiss recipe for celery and chocolate chip cookies.

Sounded to me like somebody wanted you to invite them over for dinner.