Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beautiful

There are times in our Sunday morning assembly, that stick with me for strange reasons. It could be a corporate work of song or prayer or praise. There are moments when only one voice is being heard via a message or sermon, prayer or song. All moments are good. All are beautiful if given with a heart of praise and thanksgiving, repentance and humility.

There was a moment this morning when a song, a very simple song I remember singing to my babies, was being sung and I knew it was a beautiful moment. It was as if the praise team was singing a lullaby, a love song, over the church. It wasn't the hardest song we did all morning, it wasn't the most intricate or even the deepest theological thought that has been put to music, but it was, in my opinion, beautiful beyond sense.

Isn't that God? Beautiful beyond sense. It doesn't make sense that He, the creator of the Universe, formed me, loved me from the moment time began, and then decided to die for me so that I can remain with Him. It really is beautiful beyond sense.

Oh how He loves you and me
Oh how He loves you and me
He gave His life, what more can he give?
Oh how He loves you
Oh how He loves me
Oh how He loves you and me.

I want my life to be a reflection of His love for me...beautiful beyond sense.

Blessings.

No comments: