Friday, November 30, 2007

Chop Chop

Cut my hair today...cut it, really cut it.

I know that won't mean squat to most of you, but if you've ever had long hair, and then cut it, it's a traumatic experience.

So, as I sat in the chair for my regular little tiny trim where nobody can really tell I even got it cut, I said, "CUT IT. CUT IT TO HERE! MAKE ME CUTE!"

I worried as I sat there wondering what my husband would think. I worried about what "they've" said about people over 40 holding on to their long hair and looking terrible. I wondered if I've looked "terrible" and just not known it.

I worried that shorter hair will make my face look even pudgier (word?), if that's possible.

But, when she was all finished, I looked in the mirror (I hadn't looked while she did it) and decided I was, maybe cute. And then I decided that I worry too much about stupid stuff...particularly what other people might think.

But, if you're a regular visitor of my blog, you already knew that.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Brady said...

My hair is shorter now than ever. You will see that tomorrow at church.

Best of luck on the new hair and the husband thing…

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I saw your haircut...and Brady's. I thought you both looked good. So don't worry about it and enjoy your new hair do. :)

Thurman8er said...

I'm with the mayor. You both looked cute. (James thought you were "beautiful.")

Unknown said...

I'm just happy I still have hair to cut!