Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Favorite Part of the Day

When I say this is my "favorite part of the day", understand that there are other moments, often, that rival this. However, for many reasons, I think this still rates #1 for me.

I love my kids. I love my job. I love my friends. So, anything that has to do with those things, is a wonderful moment.

About 6 months ago, my husband and I were looking around trying to figure out how to make the money last 'till the end of the month. It seemed whatever we did, we just weren't "making it" every month. With a daughter getting ready to head to College and a son entering his Senior year of High School...gas prices, electric prices, food prices all getting higher and higher, we saw no relief.

Finally, I suggested we turn it all over to God. Every night, Lex goes in and prays with his children. It's something that has melted my heart every time it happens. It's a time of chatting, physical touch, and spiritual renewal for everybody involved. It's precious.

But, Lex and I have never been consistent, in fact, we've been horrible about praying together.

So, when all else failed, when nothing else worked, when we were at the end of our rope, we decided to pray together. What can it hurt?

Aren't we silly? Within moments, things felt better. Even when we didn't have definite answers, we felt better. There was truly a peace that passed all understanding.

So, my favorite part of the day is before the sun even comes up, when my husband, dressed in his PG&E cap and t-shirt, kneels beside me, removes his cap, holds my hand, and prays.

I love it.