Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yesterday was homemade Macaroni & Cheese and Chicken Parmesan. Today was another batch of Mac & Cheese and Twice Baked Potatoes. They are all resting safely in the freezer waiting for the trip to the beach.

Tomorrow or Thursday it will be homemade chicken strips and finally, maybe, if I can muster up the strength, some "doughies". (Chocolate chip cookie dough rolled into little balls and dipped into chocolate and then frozen.) I already have peanut butter balls rolled in chocolate in the freezer. (Assuming my family hasn't found them, yet!)

I've gone to Target and bought enough sun-screen to last all of us the whole week, along with some aloe vera gel...just in case.

I've done laundry, particularly the swimsuits and beach towels and put them aside.

The preparation for the trip is almost as fun as the trip itself. The anticipation, the excitement, the longing for it. It's a wonderful week the "week before".

I don't know about you, but I don't think I put this much effort into my trip into eternity. My time here on earth should be a constant "week before" feeling. Anticipating, Hoping, Longing for Heaven. Sometimes, though, I get caught up in just the daily junk and I forget really what I'm doing here.

I can't wait to be at Pismo with my family. To laugh, play games, (maybe even win a time or two), read, listen to the ocean, watch the magnificent sunsets, and share meals together. I can't think of a time I love more than those moments.

We've been doing them for so long, and yet every year is a little different.

We're all a little older, the kids continue to grow, and the experiences, although similar, are always special and a little unique.

I want to expect and long for my eternal journey with the same excitement.




1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

Me too. Me too.

Okay okay, we're going. We won't be there 'til Tuesday but we're going.

Um...do you think...there might be...any doughies left?

Blog Archive