Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So is today really the 19th? Where is July going?

We are on our 10th day or so of 100+ weather. It really is hot, but truthfully, once it gets beyond 100 degrees, there's not much difference.

Tell me, really, does it matter if it's 110 or 104? Not really. It's just stinking hot! I got in my car the other day after it had been in the sun for about 5 hours and could have sworn I heard my flesh sizzle as I sat down on my seats. (dark blue leather seats...YIKES they were hot!)

The forecast said we should have a cooling down to 103 in a few days.

Can you believe those words? "A cooling down to 103!"

So I'm typing on my new computer which is still giving me fits. I would love to tell you what is wrong, but I don't know.

However, after complaining, I'll now say our summer has been a time of growth and excitement for the church. We are seeing good attendance, engaged folks, and a building renovation project right around the corner. So good to see anytime, but especially in the summer!

Our summer series has married a Psalm with an "Encounter with Christ" in the Gospels. Our speakers have been well prepared and, in spite of difficult circumstances, (no air conditioning still in the auditorium), shared their hearts with the church in a way that we haven't been able to ignore. It's amazing to see God work. And...such a good reminder that it's really out of our hands anyway. We feel so "in charge" sometimes...planning, timing, rehearsing, preparing...and really, I imagine God sits back and enjoys the effort we put into it, but knows ultimately what He's going to do in spite of us.

What a pleasure it is to be able to serve.

Blessings Bloggers!

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

sounds great--and hot. Miss you guys.

Blog Archive