Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Live What I Believe!

I was lecturing Ashley about going to Summer School without something to eat first. It helps your brain, metabolism,...etc, etc. This is an ongoing conversation we have been having recently.

I picked her up yesterday and she exclaimed that she was starving! You have to understand that this is a girl who loves drama and the ability to express yourself in big ways. So her expressions of hunger rivaled any Tony or Academy Award winning actress.

She had left home, again, without eating and had endured a 5 hour Economics class. (Is that really necessary? 5 hours of Economics?)

I was tired of listening to her complain and said...

"You know, you're not the only hungry one here...you're just the only one complaining about it...I haven't had a chance to stop and eat at all today!"

"AAh Haa!" she exclaimed! "You don't eat either! Don't tell me to do things you don't do yourself!"

Stupid kids...the truth is, I started laughing. What a great lesson for me. Plain and simple.

I know this is simplistic, but we can't expect anyone, (especially our kids) to do what we say and not what we do...right?

Our kids, our friends, our co-workers,...the world is watching us to see if what we say is what we believe.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

Darn kids! You know what they need? A trip to Star Wars!

Hey! You have a 16- and a 17-year old! Wow.

Blog Archive