Friday, June 17, 2005

If, sixteen years ago, I had been able to have a conversation with God I would have said this...

"O.K., God. You know I already have a 17 month old baby girl. You understand, of course, that she takes up an enormous amount of energy. You see, I'm sure, that Lex and I aren't wealthy and some months don't quite know how to make ends meet. So, if you still insist on blessing us with another baby, here's what I would like...

I want him to be a him. I already have a her. I want him to be good. Quiet. Easy. Sweet. Gentle. I want him to be smart...intelligent...an asset to the minds he will study and work with. Good looking never hurt in this crazy world. I want his handsome face to glow because of a sweet smile and a gentle heart, not because he's stuck on himself. I want him to have not only a physical strength, but an inner strength as well. Confident of who he is and who he belongs to.

And above all, I want him to serve you in all that he does. Whatever it is. Lead him...mold him...create a man who will honor you all of his days on earth."

And God gave us Avery. Happy Birthday, Avery. You are a blessing to all you come in contact with.

2 comments:

Brady said...

Happy birthday, Avery. Good job, Lex and Sandra. Thanks God!

Thurman8er said...

Stop making me cry at the computer! It's embarrassing!

Star Wars rocked. I loved watching it with you guys. Loved looking over at Avery during the good parts and seeing him smile.

Blog Archive