Monday, June 13, 2005

It has been such a long time since I've "blogged". I'm sorry.

One of my greatest weaknesses, I believe, is that when the going gets tough, (or busy) I retreat. I crawl in my cave and barely do what needs to be done to survive. Anybody relate to that or am I just a weird duck?

Yesterday, my husband looked at me with tears in his eyes and quietly said..."I don't know how to do this. I don't know what to do."

He had been working sound for worship, teaching children during class time, racing out to get to the shop to sell motorcycles, and then home for the evening. We were supposed to go to one of our friends house for a "hang-out" time. So, in the 30 minutes we had in between those things he looked so sad about something. What...I didn't have a clue.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to do anything about tomorrow. I've had absolutely no time when things are open."

"I still don't know what you're talking about." I admitted.

"Tomorrow" he said patiently. "Yeah, tomorrow...what about it?" I said impatiently.

"Sandra, it's our anniversary."

"Oh."

He started laughing and said how we are opposite of most couples. I'm the one who forgets dates and times...he's the sensitive thoughtful one who remembers.

I assured him that he didn't need to worry about it. We had enough to think about this week.

Both kids went straight from regular school to summer school. By their own choice. They both wanted to get a class out of the way so they would have more room next year for things they want/need to take.

Our sweet Avery turns 16 on Thursday. Yikes. Only old people have a 16 and 17 year old!

And, of course, Father's Day is Sunday. I won't forget that.

I miss my Dad. I'm glad he doesn't have to deal with this world any longer, but I still miss him.

So...maybe my turtle head will crawl slowly out of it's shell this week and get back to the business of life.

I appreciate those of you who read my writings. And, I appreciate any comments you make. It's nice to know you're being heard, isn't it?

If you get a chance, check out Brady Smith's blog.

www.evendays.blogspot.com

He's our missionary to Switzerland. He's a man of great character and integrity. I'm proud to claim him. He, like me, is a product of the College Church. There are so many who invested much in my generation to make us men and women of God.

Don't forget that when the sign up list comes around needing teachers for V.B.S. or Sunday morning children's classes! You can make such a difference in the mind, the character, the heart of a child.

Blessings.

5 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Happy anniversary!

I know this is a stressful time for you guys and Lex is working his patootie off. Hang in there. God is good.

Brady said...

Glad you're back!

You guys enjoy that anniversary. And thanks for the kind words. Are you doing that because mom reads your stuff?

Generous Kitchen said...

Brady, Brady, Brady...
I'm just trying to fall in your good graces enough to be linked on your blog.

So glad you're blogging!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

love you, friend.

~Jodi~ said...

just a note to say thanks for your blog entries! I throughly enjoy reading it and have for some time and never left a comment on here.
It's kind of cool that you can be impacting someone's life and thoughts and not even have a clue they are reading your blog or who they are etc so i thought i should at least say hi! :). Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and heart for others to be encouraged, and challenged by!
Blessings,
Jodi

Blog Archive