Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!










HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I always LOVE the turning of the December to January calendar page.

It's full of possibilities. Some things are good...so you keep doing them. However, it's a time when we tend to look at what's not so good and try to adjust our lives, hearts, habits to reflect something we can be a bit more proud of.

My little family started what we believe might become a tradition in our family...New Year's Eve and a few days following at the BEACH!

We love the beach. Son gets to ride his crazy truck all over the dunes. He has worked so hard on building this thing, it's fun to watch him enjoy the benefits of his hard work. Daughter loves reading, crocheting, exploring the beach...

We all had a restful, relaxing time. We learned BUNCO while there and played with some friends who were also at the coast. At one point, two tables of people were laughing so hard we had to stop playing and just watch each other laugh! So funny...and healthy!

The Monarch butterflies come to "rest" for a couple of months at the coast. Daughter and I walked the butterfly trail and took some pictures of the area of our adventure. It's amazing. The one pic above looks like leaves hanging on a tree but are actually clusters of thousands of butterflies. It's beautiful to see in person...

I don't know about you all, but 2009 seemed long and difficult.

God was present and faithful...as always. But, I feel weary from it all and look forward to a new page for 2010.

I have great hopes for some positive changes and discoveries, however, I know that whatever each new day holds, God will be holding me close.

Blessings, friends! May you feel His presence in a mighty way!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I was looking and looking at the pictures saying, "Butterflies? I don't see any butterflies?" But then I saw them. Wonderful.

Jason Locke said...

I love the new pictures!!!