Monday, January 11, 2010

Normal

Not exactly sure what "normal" is, but I believe today is a "back to normal" day.

Daughter has returned to ACU and son is back to his school and work routine.

I love the idea of the holidays, but what I really love, is being with people. Getting to take goodies to someone, having people over, thinking about a special gift that would make a person you love happy or excited.

However, when it comes to the decorations, I'm 100% scrooge. The only thing I like less than hauling out all the decorations is the thought of putting them all back when it's over. Fortunately, I have lovely people in my life who handle the "putting back" part for me.

Now, we're safely in the new year. If you read my friend Julie's blog, you will see she and I feel the same about resolutions. Who doesn't have a mile long list of things they could do better? I certainly do, and at times get caught up in all the ways I DON'T measure up instead of see the good in my life. So, resolutions can be tricky. However, there's always time to ponder on a thing or two. Examine, refresh, commit deeper.

I often have the same resolution. Get healthy, lose weight, exercise more (o.k. exercise period!...there's no "more" if you don't do it at all!)

But this year, my resolution is to spend sweet time with people. Those I love deeply as well as those I would like to know better. Carving out time for a cup of coffee, a prayer with a friend, a movie, a chat...this seems to escape me and proves difficult at times.

This is my fresh focus. It can only bring good things, don't you think?

Blessings

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like your fresh focus. I was coming over to see if you got your signature on, but not yet I see. However, I'm liking your pink and white background - very cute.

cwinwc said...

Great resolution - life is shorter than we sometimes realize. I vow to cherish those "coffee times" that I have with friends and family.