Friday, March 13, 2009

What I Like Best...

Sweet Daughter has been home all week from Texas enjoying her Spring Break.

It's been delightful. Absolutely and positively delightful.

We've had dinner with family, gone to favorite "girlie" stores and eateries. Worked on a church project or two. She helped a friend make a veil for her wedding next week. We've laughed, fussed, and overall enjoyed every single second of her being home.

We were supposed to go to friends house for dinner and visiting tonight, but because of circumstances beyond our control, friends had to cancel and we ended up staying home. Just the 4 of us, eating homemade macaroni and cheese and Kielbasa with homemade BBQ sauce.

We are about to sit down and watch a movie together and enjoy some "Cherry Surprise" with vanilla ice cream. (if you know what that is, you know it's GOOD!)

I think tonight has been my favorite. Sweet moments. . . together.

There will come a time tonight when my eyes water heavily. She leaves tomorrow, and it never fails that the night before she leaves, I become sad for a moment...then I'm over it.

But, I wouldn't trade it... None of it... The visit, the dinner, even the fact that she's leaving again. It's all part of life and from where I'm sitting these days, life is absolutely beautiful.

Blessings to you all.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awww - sounds like you've had an amazing time with her. Meanwhile, I've been in West Texas (Lubbock) with my mom for a week and I don't believe the temperatures have been over 40*. She picked a good week to be gone. :)

cwinwc said...

Those family times are special especially when you can top it off with homemade BBQ Sauce!