Thursday, March 26, 2009

First Time for Everything!

On Wednesday night, the worship team gets together and sings through what will be happening on Sunday morning. It helps us, when Sunday rolls around, to have a good handle on what will take place, and actually know what we're doing enough to relax and worship as we lead.

So, I have the T.V. programmed to record AI. (American Idol, of course!)

After class/rehearsal last night, there was a little "meeting" I was required to be at, so it was late when I finally got home. As a little side note, my Dr. has decided she will no longer prescribe my diuretic (water pill), and so I'm ballooning up like a bull frog and feel horrible, physically. Needless to say, long day, tired body, swollen feet!

I put on my favorite wonder woman p.j.'s (what!? I love my wonder woman p.j.'s!) and settled in with my boys to see who would rock "Motown night" and who would make me cringe.

I have to say, I was quite impressed with the night over all, and think this is a really strong group of young singers...who actually seem like really nice people as well!

But, oh my goodness...Adam...heavens...did you hear him? I love Danny, and hope he keeps going...but Adam, Adam, Adam... I had chills. Goosebumps, shivers...he was amazing!

I've never done it before, but last night, I voted. By the time I finished watching, I had 30 minutes to vote. So, I voted for Adam, twice...but then, I also voted for two more singers. One I love, and would have felt poorly if I didn't vote for him, also, (Danny), and the other was just amazing and deserved the vote! (Allison)

I'm kind of sorry I deleted the show...I wouldn't mind listening to him again!

Blessings.



2 comments:

cwinwc said...

My wife has never voted as well but she also said after last night - I'm voting on this round.

As they say in Chicago City elections - Vote early and often. :)

Thurman8er said...

I thought Adam was nothing short of amazing. I also thought he looked exactly like Kurt Russell.

I thought Matt deserved better but pouted too much.

And I still loves me some Danny Gokey.