Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Interim-Part-Time Youth Minister

Many of you know my husband works for our church as the "Interim-Part-Time-Youth-Minister". I am not sure that phrase is even a valid phrase. It's like you decided to be an "Interim-Part-Time-Parent". Not happening.

So, he works constantly, not because it's required of him, but simply because he loves the children like his own. He doesn't want them to miss a moment of fun, or study, or experience through God because of him, so, he works his regular 40-50 hour work week, and also loves these kids on a full-time basis.

Last weekend, he took them all, along with some very dedicated helpers, to Pismo Beach for a weekend of great fun as well as connection with the Creator of the Universe, and Pismo Beach!

There were adults that went to chaperon, some went to take the kids in their trucks for "joy-rides" in the Dunes, others went just to be there in support of the kids and Lex. Kenny and Tami Cowger went and cooked for the kids the whole weekend!

We have a precious and amazing group of young people, students, who make up the "Youth Group" of this church.

We have dedicated, Godly adults loving and leading these kids on a weekly, and sometimes daily basis.

When you marry someone, you think you know all their good (and bad) points.

I have to say that of all the things Lex has done, (and done well), this is the thing that I'm so amazed and proud of. I watch God work through him on a regular basis as he leads these students with the heart of a shepherd.

How great is our God!




3 comments:

Stoogelover said...

Can't remember when I last left a comment on your blog, but I just wanted to say that though I really don't know you and Lex that well (other than some short visits at Pepperdine or Nashville Zoe when you both were very busy), I've always been impressed with Lex's heart! (Your's, too, but this blog is about Lex.)

Thurman8er said...

Lex makes me tired.

It isn't that he does so MUCH. It's that he does it all so WELL.

cwinwc said...

The weekend at the Beach looked like a blast. I love youth events and especially those like Lex that ministers to our most precious commodity, our kids.