Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sweet Girl...





There are moments when you think parenting is absolutely the hardest most thankless job you will ever tackle! And then there are days when you think there is nothing more beautiful than being a momma or daddy. Yesterday, I received these flowers. Husband and son are in Pepperdine working for the ZOE Group at Lectureship, so, naturally, I thought as I received them that husband may be sending me the "I miss you" bouquet.

Then came the reading of the card:

"Momma, I just wanted you to know that I love you and I appreciate everything you do for me and everyone else too! I can't wait to see you soon. I love you so much - plus one! Love, Ashley Marie"

One of our sweet volunteers, whom I've known since about Kindergarten, came back to me with these flowers. She actually had the Youth Minister carry them because they were too heavy for her...but she wanted to be here with me when I read the card. You see, she and the secretary up front had already read it! (don't you love church family?) And, she thought that when I read it, I would need a hug. She thought I might cry or something silly like that.

She is a very wise woman...

2 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I haven't done much blogging over the last couple of months...so sorry if this seems old, but I like the changes to your blog. That is a great picture of you and your family. Have a good weekend!

Cheryl said...

Oh man...that's GOOD!