Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day...

Coming home from a yummy lunch after church on Sunday, my daughter said,
"We can't go in the house yet."

"Why not?"

"Because the boys aren't home yet." (Husband and son had taken a different truck to church)

"So, why can't we go in?"

"Just be patient. You don't need to know everything." sweet daughter replied.

So, we sat there, waiting until finally the boys arrived.

I went in the house to find some lumps on the dining room table covered with a sheet. It wasn't like that when I left for church at 6:30 this morning. We were all at church and lunch together...when did someone do this?

After we all got in they reminded me that we were traveling on Mother's Day and hadn't celebrated. I lifted the sheet to find lots of sweet gifts from my family. Very fun!

So, the bottom line is it doesn't have to be printed on the calendar to celebrate, right? You love someone? Celebrate them. Honor them. Just because...

Blessings!

2 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I see nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty sure God wants us to honor our mother and father always and not just once a year. :o)

Brady said...

Glad you got to celebrate. But don't set the bar too high for the rest of us! :)