Monday, May 21, 2007

Mother's Day






This post is overdue, however, one of the most fun things we did on our Texas adventure was take in a Rangers/Angels game on Mother's Day.

I had found a couple of things for us to do on that day that I thought my Mom would enjoy. The Fort Worth Symphony was doing Beethoven's Ninth with a 200 per choir and various soloists. The Dallas Symphony had a Tschaikovsky day which would have been beautiful also. But, when my mom found out that the Angels were playing the Rangers, there was no questions which event she wanted to take in for Mother's Day.

We had a blast. Wonderful seats. Very intimate park...almost any seat would be good, but ours were very good. We had a Hot, Humid, Sweat dripping very good time. It was hot to begin with, but then, as often happened while we were in Texas, clouds blew in and thunder rolled and the rain came quickly...and then it was gone and all that was left was the humidity.

I sat between my mom and my daughter. Mom cheered for the Angels, Ash cheered for the Rangers, and I cheered for both.

Forget the flowers and tea and "foo-foo" for my mom...just bring on a little healthy competition out in the heat and she's happy.

Blessings!

6 comments:

Brady said...

I know you had fun, but…

Who won?

Generous Kitchen said...

Rangers won...Ashley was happy.

Thurman8er said...

And WHAT a game! It was a homer fest. Back and forth. Horrible calls from the umps. Players and coaches getting tossed. And, oh yeah, a walk-off homer to win it in the bottom of the 9th.

Wish I'd been there. But I have a feeling that the spirit of Steve was in that place.

cwinwc said...

Now that's my kind of "Mom."

Brady said...

Glad someone was happy with the result!

Thurman8er said...

Now about the fact that the Rangers logo is larger than the Angels logo...

Ah well, first place is first place.