Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dorm Life

I've been in Abilene for a few days now...since Tuesday. And yes, I'm still dizzy because my glasses are not right. I was told it takes a while to get used to glasses which I knew, because I've worn them before. But, these are just plain wrong. I don't know where the "wrongness" occurred (sorry Wendy), but they are wrong.

Vision problems aside, I have had a wonderful time. I've been living in an empty dorm room across the hall from my baby girl. My mom came with me, so Ash has both Mom and Grandma to take care of! Bless!

ACU is one of the most amazing places I've visited. The first morning, Ashley took us all around the campus. If you ever have the chance to come visit, do. This place has God all over it. Every corner, every prayer room, every piece of art, every peace garden, every classroom.

And, with some new grant money, it's even green with flowering plants and many new trees planted! It really is beautiful, which I don't remember it being last summer when I dropped Ashley off.

There are so many stories, so many students, so many hearts searching for God. I'm proud of my daughter...and, as I'm preparing to lose my son to ACU in a couple of months, there is a peace knowing what kind of place this is.

It's after midnight. I just polished off a Hershey bar with almonds as I sit in her room and blog while she studies for her 8 am final. Grandma finally gave up and went to bed about 11:45...she's a pretty cool grandma!

I've prayed for so many things for my children...health, safety, Godly mates, happy hearts. But my constant prayer has been that they seek and hear the voice of God in their lives. That they desire a deep relationship with their Creator, and that they live a life of service within the Kingdom.

I'm a good mama...Lex is a wonderful father. But there comes a time when even the best parents must pass that baton on to someone else to continue developing their children's hearts. I'm happy to pass that baton to this place...however, I'll never stop praying.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Brady said...

Glad you could be there. Sorry about the glasses. No fun not seeing right.

Love a lot. Enjoy your time there. Eat right. And pray hard.

Much love from here…

cwinwc said...

As I've said so often before, my time is coming soon with my son graduating from H.S. next year.

Abilene green? I wonder if that KOA Campground I stayed in one time in beautiful Dalhart, Texas is now green? Now that would be a God thing.

julie said...

Loved seeing you here. You are beautiful, as always. Wish that I had made some time for us to talk. I should've told you that I work on campus and to stop by. Ashley is precious and I am loving seeing her often. I can see that she has made good friends. She has much to offer.