Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry...

I'm getting ready to go to Nashville for the ZOE Conference next Tuesday, which means I'm trying to accomplish 2 weeks work in 1 week. (as I'm sure one or two of you are doing also).

We (the worship committee) ended up changing speakers and topics for this Sunday, (on Tuesday afternoon of this week), so, what I thought I was ahead on, I actually found myself behind. Starting from scratch on Wednesday morning isn't always the most peaceful feeling for me.

My kids are going to Nashville this year with us. I'm so excited. Some of the "stress" of getting ready to leave was always getting them settled and making sure their needs were met while we were gone. Rides to and from, obligations they couldn't miss, and the general "I miss my kids like crazy when I'm away from them" feeling.

But, this year, they are both going with me. Avery will help with "tech" set up for classrooms and Ashley will be a general do whatever somebody needs person. Ashley has an opportunity to visit and speak with some people from Lipscomb while we're back there. We'll see what that produces. Sounds like a long way from Mom, if you ask me. But her desires are to sing and teach whether it be in elementary or College level English, as well as an interest in Children's Ministries, so, where God wants her is where I want her.

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. I'll try to do better, but don't know what my opportunities will be in Nashville. We get up early and work until very late. I'm old. I need my beauty sleep.

Blessings to you all.


4 comments:

Brady said...

Did you really write: I need my beauty sleep? Oh girl…

Yes, Nashville is WAY too far away. Send her to Switzerland. pnjgesj

Generous Kitchen said...

Yes, Brady...Switzerland sounds much closer to home.

She's a carbon of me...she would drive you nuts!

Thurman8er said...

And, nice person that she is, Sandra didn't tell you that most of that work is MY fault. My wife wants to go out of town on our anniversary weekend and that's why speaker schedules were changed.

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

GUILT, GUILT, GUILT...there IS guilt in blog. Just kidding. Randy, are you coming to ZOE? I miss you, dude.

Please, O, please pray for health for our family. It's been a horrible week. Ella has never been this sick in her life and we're about to just all run of patience with each other. Bless her heart. 7 days of it really stinks.

Sheryl and I are trying our best to keep well throughout the germ fest that is now our house. But we covet your prayers!

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Blog Archive