Monday, September 12, 2005

I was reminded today that there are people watching us all the time...those of us who profess to love Jesus Christ and try to pattern our lives after Him.

We have two families at the church in a "feud" of sorts. They happen to have children at the same public school where, now, others are drawn into this "battle" of sorts.

Do they have justification for how they feel? Probably.

Is there more than one side to the story? Always.

Is the name of Jesus Christ tarnished because they can't seem to find it in their own hearts to forgive and love? Absolutely.

I don't get angry often. Especially at people. I might get angry at a circumstance or situation, but not often people. But this makes me angry and disappointed.

I just have one thing to say that you already know. It isn't the sermon we preach, it's the life we live. Period.

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

YOU GO GIRL. Amen on top of Amen for that.

You know what they say about not fogiving...it's like drinking rat poison and waiting for the rat to die.

Choosing not to fogive only hurts. It's ridiculous and pollutes spirituality.

Having said that, there are some things I can imagine really struggling to forgive. Anything done to my children to harm them would be one of those things.

I ahve no idea what theya re dealing with, but if you are of the opinion that forgiveness should come quickly, then it probably should.

Keep writing.

Blog Archive