Tuesday, October 11, 2005

There's no place like home!

Nashville was wonderful. The conference was amazing and I'm excited to know it will be here in just a few short months. Yikes!

There were different formats, offerings, opinions this year. It wasn't exactly like I had remembered in the past, which always makes you sit up and listen a little closer. It was a wonderful experience to have my kids with me. They make me proud. Ashley worked the "ZOE Store" for Eric most of the weekend, and Avery worked tech set up and help. Lex did a wonderful job of mixing and delivering wonderful sound for the main auditorium sessions, and I, well, what exactly did I do?

I've decided that home is wherever people are that you love. Really. I'm not big on the idea of moving, but if I ever had to, it would have to be to a place where I already have people that I love present.

It is good to be back in my office. Familiar surroundings, familiar smiles. There is so much to say, I don't know where to start. So, for now, I'll just say, I feel like one of the most blessed women in the world. My circle of family and friends is endless and priceless. To know people from all over the country love Lex and I and our children is something to be very grateful for.

Recently, I was trying to express to my kids how very blessed they are to have so many contacts/friends in the Lord. That there are so many people who love them and care about their physical health and spiritual journey. I finally just said, "you know, there are people that go their entire life just hoping somebody, anybody, will notice them for just a moment. And yet, you are loved in enormous amounts constantly."

What a blessing!

More later when the fog clears!


2 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

It was awesome having you there. You're a good grape, you know? And it was great seeing your family. Hey, it was even great seeing Randy...mostly.

Brady said...

Welcome back home. It is a blessing to be loved by dozens, or several dozen, people. pbvmaj

Blog Archive