Thursday, September 15, 2005

The weather has been unbelievably beautiful! No air conditioning running in the house, which is a happy thing for the budget. Highs in the 80's. Gorgeous!
..................................
Lex continues to be a motorcycle selling machine. It takes lots of time away from us. Too much, but oh my goodness...What a financial blessing! He and I snuck away last night after church and had a long quiet dinner together. As crazy as this sounds, we worked through some junk that had lingered in our marriage for 18 years. Isn't that stupid? The bottom line is, I, as a woman, thought he should just know some stuff. I have finally decided that if I want him to know something, the best thing to do is just say it. How 'bout that?
..................................
Ashley has Senior pictures taken today. She was so beautiful as I dropped her off at school. I talked with her yesterday about beauty in general. It is such a difficult subject because as women, we want to be beautiful, but really cannot even begin to match what we see from Hollywood (or Malibu) of even California in general. One of the things I appreciate about Ash is her deep down beauty. She tells it like she feels it...Doesn't play girlie games...And loves deeply. Especially children and elderly. I think that says something about someone. I gave her the "pretty is as pretty does" speech but she knew it already. I'm very proud of who she is.
.................................
Avery continues to be stable, strong, quiet, and Godly. I'm waiting for his rebellion period. I was talking with my brother about post-modern and modern people - particularly children. Uncle Steve has decided that his nephew is modern, even though he was born in what should make him a post-modern child. Avery is black and white. None of this "truth is relative to your situation or circumstance" stuff for him. Truth is Truth. Period. I struggle with that with him, but at the same time, love that about him.
................................
My Mom's headed for Boston, Penn, D.C. area early Sunday morning. She and some of her friends are excited to be going to visit some historical sites, amish country, and the White House. She's going to have a blast. Your prayers for her safety would be appreciated.
................................
I was watching an interview with Danny Bonaduce (kid from Partridge Family now grown up) and when questioned about the extreme content of his new "reality show" he said:

"I don't really even like my fellow man, why should I care what he thinks or if this would hurt him?"

He admits to being a drug using alcoholic on steroids who has a violent streak. He said that a celebrity like himself committing suicide on his reality show would make "great T.V."

When asked why she stays with him, his wife answered, "because I love him and the Danny who isn't using alcohol or drugs is a wonderful intelligent man."

I know this is extreme...But, what is your drug? Is it food, or acceptance, or T.V., or books, or your job, or pride in general?

I could sit and judge Danny because he's so very messed up and even enjoys showing you how messed up he is. But as I watch people like him, who appear to wade in their own mistakes and enjoy doing it, I realize that he is a sinner like I am a sinner. God is God...sin is sin...there is no "good sinner" and "bad sinner". Oh, sure, I might try to cover my blunders and warts more than Danny does, but God loves us the same.

I really hope that somebody has the chance to tell Danny Bonaduce that Jesus Christ died just for him. That God loves him deeply and longs to have a relationship with him. And, most of all, I hope Danny accepts that grace that is offered.

But for today, I am just going to try to live a life looking for the "danny's" that live in my world.

Blessings to you.

3 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Okay, about those kids. Avery really is perfect the way he is. Kids brought up in a Christian house tend towards modernity, that's just the way it is. I'm so glad that he and Ash have hearts for the kids who were brought up differently. That they accept them and show them who they are without judging. Rare for anybody, for teenagers it is doubly so.

As for Ashley's beauty, the only thing you didn't mention is how incredibly, jaw-droppingly, you-guys-keep-the-heck-away-from-my niece beautiful she is even on the outside. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Brady said...

Thanks for the update on the family and kids. It's great that things are going well. ENJOY IT!

Are you guys still working out?

About Danny: What's the deal about REALITY TV. Do people really watch it? If Danny does blow his brains out, how will he top it the following week?

upris

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

great post---love you AND your family.

Blog Archive