Friday, February 25, 2005

Shhh...If we don't acknowledge it it isn't real!

Today is my sixth day home with what I've heard some calling the
"Rapture Flu" and what I personally am dubbing the
"Oh, Sweet-Jesus-Come-Take-Me-Now Flu".
My daughter had it a few days in front of me and each night would come in and tell me how I was going to feel tomorrow. A couple of nights, she just simply said, "Mom, tomorrow is really gonna Bite!" Thanks baby. Her prophesy of the following day was correct. So, today I'm thinking maybe going to live and about 5:45 am in walks my son with the exact sounds (cough, groaning, aching, wheezing) I had about 6 days ago. Here we go...round three for this house. Illness can be so discouraging.

As I read my brother's blog today (www.intentionalwalk.blogspot.com) I thought how interesting one of his topics was Satan. I had a conversation with my husband just last night about all the ways I feel satan is pelting us. Like big balls of hail falling down on our head...can't recover from one hit because another one has already hit you and another one and another one.

Satan doesn't walk up to us and introduce himself as the evil one. We have to have our Spirit eyes open all the time because it is through the little things, the small stuff that he gets us. The list of ways he can wiggle into our lives is unending, and often it's through the "good stuff" we do that he can worm.

I've had a particular burden on my heart this year for my kids. I have wonderful kids and I want them saved for the work of God. I see them growing and getting ready to leave me. It's time...but it's agonizing. I want them protected. I want a hedge built up around them so high that Satan can't touch them. The only way I know to do that is to pray and pray and pray.

I appreciated what Steve said in his blog. We need to talk about it. We need to acknowledge the power of Satan is strong and not ignore his purpose. We all have purpose, even Satan. He's slithering, lurking, hiding, sneaking, and sometimes even jumping out disguised as good works just waiting to mess up your relationships...relationship with your wife, your husband, your children, your friends, your God. If he can get into those, producing in us anger or bitterness, a gossiping or defensive heart, then he has a foot in the door.

Protect your loves...We all have different "layers" of friends. Protect them all. And if there are some that you have difficulty with, love them more. Be vulnerable to them. Don't let Satan get even a toe in the door.

As we read the blogs and listen to the thoughts around the country, we have to realize God is doing a huge thing in this world. We can only be a tool for one...God or Satan.

Pray for eachother...Honor eachother...Love eachother.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

Hmmmm...is it a sign of growing up in the same environment that we think so much alike? Or is it something else?

The truth is that Satan is VERY active at College right now. He always is to some extent but you could chart the trouble he causes at certain times. He has been just HAMMERING at me since my last Emmaus gathering and going at the church pretty hard since our 40 days. And now? When we're working so hard to share our faith with those around us...or at least to understand the need to do so and let the Spirit guide us along? We'd better keep our heads out of the sand and our eyes fixed on God. Constant prayer. Good communication. Awareness. Sometimes the war is impossible to miss.

I'm sorry to hear that Avery seems to have down with the bug. James had a few hours of not feeling well and then one huge puking episode. And he's been fine ever since. Either he didn't get the same thing that everyone else had, or that kid has mutant healing powers. If adamantium claws start popping out of his knuckles, I'll know which.