Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Monday

What is it about Monday that makes me want to curl up with a good book and an afghan and forget about the world?

I could say it's because I work hard on Sunday, and although that is a part of it, the truth is, I've been like this all my life. I remember in elementary school starting to feel that ache in my stomach on Sunday night because I knew what was coming...MONDAY! I don't know why...I liked school, but I think I liked home better. Home was a good place.

I love the excitement of Sunday...watching God work through the small efforts we've offered up to Him throughout the week. This Sunday, I particularly loved watching our children offer their "gifts" to one of our Elders, Gene Sue. They've been saving their pennies and purchased soap, toothpaste, candy, etc and packaged them in pretty decorated bags for Gene (and others) to deliver on his monthly "Homeless Ministry" visit downtown.

Maybe it's just the let down of a beautiful day of offering to God that makes me dread Monday. Maybe I feel far from the glory of God...from the excitement of the day before...interesting.

I need to find a way to look God in the eye on Monday.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

I love you, my sweet sister.

I am so glad that you have kept up with your blogging. It's a wonderful place and a creative way to share our journey.

I've told you many times how important you are to me. This year has added the dimension of working with you. I know we'll annoy each other at times in that setting, but our goal is the same: to glorify God.

He knew what He was doing when He picked you to be a Thurman and then a Henderson. We are blessed by you in incredible ways.