Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Faith...

Web Site Counter


My conclusion regarding the subject of faith is that each day is an opportunity to watch it grow or shrink, depending on how we act or react to various situations.

I'm sure you have all had days, or weeks, or maybe even years when you felt your faith was being tested. You wondered if God was paying any attention at all to you...had he forgotten you?

But for the most part, our days are average regular days that have tiny, hidden opportunity in them.

I want to encourage you to look at the small stuff. Examine the way you speak to your spouse, your child, your co-worker. Do something out of the ordinary...just because you want to show your love. Live in a positive bubble instead of leaning toward the "doubting Thomas" that lurks in each of us.

Read this and know it's power...
"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28


I don't know if you needed to hear that today...but I did.
Blessings!

2 comments:

cwinwc said...

Good thoughts Sandra. I know Randy will bust my chops for this next phrase but here goes:

"As a teacher" coming into contact with kids every day, I'm mindful of trying to be a positive force in their world.

Ha, ha Randy, you thought I was going to use the "E" word.

Thurman8er said...

That verse from Jeremiah has been a life verse for me lately. Thanks for sharing it!