Saturday, August 09, 2008

AMAZING!

Web Site Counter

Free Counter

I'm not sure how to explain the amazing storm I just witnessed...

Driving on I-40 Ashley and I noticed how different the sky looked off to the side and in front of us.  What we also noticed, was that the highway was curving right into it.  The rainbow was actually in front of the storm this time.

It started raining hard, suddenly.  I'm still feeling fairly confident.  Then, I notice the truck drivers are all pulling off and putting on hazard lights.  Hmmm...

I realize I literally cannot see the front of my truck because of the massive amounts of water coming from the sky...so I, taking my cue from the truck drivers, pull off onto the shoulder.  

We proceed to shake with the massive wind, and jiggle every time the thunder explodes.  Our eyes are blinded with the brightest and biggest lightening bolts I've ever seen, and then the hail starts pounding our truck.

I called my husband just so he could hear it.  Then, calling another friend their advice to us was "stay in the truck".    REALLY??!!  Cause I was thinking of getting out and taking a stroll!  

It was absolutely the most powerful rain I've ever been through.  

As we finally creeped our way back onto the highway, we saw that the black clouds were continuing ahead of us, so we decided that the city 30 miles away was the place we would stay the night.  Tucked in safe and sound, we will finish our journey tomorrow.

Blessings!

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

Sounds like a Central Florida kind of rain. Praying for a safe journey as you travel to ACU.