Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Beach, The Shack


Web Site Counter

Went to the beach for a few days.

Read "The Shack".

I must say I'm not a typical "joiner". If everybody else is doing it, I feel like the train has left the station and I don't want to hop on. (go ahead and analyze that if you must, but I'm just being honest with you).

But something, actually, someone I respect and love deeply told me about her experience with the book. I purchased it the night before we left for the sand and spent most of my time reading it while there.

My family was a little baffled and worried at my gasps, and "hhmmm's" and tears. Lots of tears.

Ashley finally asked, "Mom, are you enjoying reading that book?"

All I could say very quietly was "Oh, yes, honey. It's beautiful. Just beautiful."

So, I hope if there are other "non-joiners" like me out there who haven't found a copy of the book for themselves yet, you'll get one soon.

It's beautiful. Just beautiful.






2 comments:

cwinwc said...

I usually don't read a "hot" book when it comes out due to being too busy and my spiritual gift of procrastination. So many people are recommending "The Shack" that I may have to get it "on time" for once.

Have fun at the Beach.

Cheryl said...

Hmm....just put it on my library request list. I think I'm #145 in line for it. Guess it's pretty popular right now!