Wednesday, June 25, 2008








It's not that I have been lazy...

It's that I've been crazy busy.

I remember that Randy told me being part of Blogland means never having to say your sorry...so I won't apologize for my long times in between postings. But I do feel guilty about it.

Somehow, my lack of blogging makes me feel like I'm giving the impression that nothing is going on. Oh my, how that assumption would be wrong!

The children of our church are learning all about the valley and the amazing crops grown here. They are learning how to plant and tend a flower garden. They planted worms one week, learning that the worms will help the earth and the flowers they will plant the following week. They are learning about the way God plants, and tends, and prunes our hearts constantly. I'm amazed at their spirits. I love their happy hearts. I learn so much from them.

They are also trying to raise $5000 to send an "ark" of animals around the world to help families in need. This is an amazing cause, and if you've not heard of it, go to www.heifer.org and read up on their mission. The children are saving their own money, as well as heading up a recycling effort in our church to help the cause. It's precious to see them so excited about helping the environment, as well as helping people around the world. Time with them is so short...

Enjoy some pics from the program...
Blessings!

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

No need to apologize as Randy says. Kids look like they're having fun and learning at the same time.

Robert and Kelli said...

Hi Sandra! Looks like you are having a great summer! Hope you are well!

Brady said...

Thanks for the pics. Looks like fun, AND work.

Don't worry about us. We KNOW you're busy.

Not just busy, but doing good things.