Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Being Judged!

Being Judged is an awful thing... None of us like to have someone look at us or our life or our family and make a decision about us that sometimes is incorrect.

I am one of those people who rarely do things that I am not sure about, simply because I don't want people to be able to look at me or my actions and say, "what a fool! what was she thinking?" I prefer the safe route. However, sometimes that becomes boring.

So, when I decided to enter some photographs into the little Fresno Fair, you can understand my reservations. This is a big step for me...I'm taking quite a chance in this!


People I don't know, who don't know me, but seem to know a lot about photography, are going to look at what I bring them and decide whether it is worthy. Is this good enough to even be exhibited, much less receive some kind of ribbon?


At this point, I'm just hoping at least one of the four entries get into the exhibit itself. I don't care about ribbons...yet.


So, I'll let you know. And, you understand, don't you?...how much of a risk I took, knowing my personality and the way I despise failure, that I shared this with you at all? Right?

I could have just said nothing, and then when the pictures do get into the exhibit, we could rejoice together...or when they are declined, I wouldn't even have to tell you.


Blessings!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know we would all love to see them, regardless of what the Fair says!

Brady said...

I once entered a poetry contest at school. It was hard to do. But I did it. Wasn't published, but it was no big deal.

Hope you get blue…

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

When you share information like this with others, you create a bigger support group. Go get them!!!