Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Here it Comes!

We are taking care of some friend's cats/home while they are away for a few weeks. They have two temperamental cats (is there any other kind of cat?) and a beautiful home and a pool...

So, Sunday night, the four of us went over to feed the kitties and then enjoy the swimming pool together. It was relaxing and fun and peaceful.

BUT...while we were all lounging in the pool, it hit me how soon these days would be gone. My mind went racing to the moment I have to say good bye and walk away and come back home without either of my children. I've done well, so far. Last year this time, I had cried a million times already...but, I thought this year, I was all grown up and ready...NOPE!

Lex looked at me and said, "babe?...uh-oh...Mom's losin' it!"

I cried and cried. I totally lost it. Crying and crying and finding myself in the depths of sadness.

My family started laughing. My crying was so dramatic, it even made me laugh. So, we laughed and I cried and we laughed more. It was crazy and good all at the same time.

Avery asked me why I was crying and I couldn't even form a sentence, which made them laugh more. So, we spent minutes laughing and crying...together. (me crying...them laughing)

July 1 is when the tears started...better than last year! I had been crying since the Thanksgiving prior to taking her to school. Maybe if I'd had a few more kids...by the time I got to the 4th or 5th one, I would only cry the moment I walked away...or maybe not at all! Nah....who am I trying to fool!?

Blessings!

5 comments:

Brady said...

You're such a mess. You better take those football neighbors some more food, then you'll feel better.

Hang in there…

cwinwc said...

No tears in West Cocoa yet but we did sign my senior-to-be up for a Baseball Showcase Camp at David Lipscomb in September, his school of choice.

Where are those hankies? Hang in there Mom. I may be right behind you in the tears department.

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me" -Jesus (John 14:1)

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

absolutely precious. Believe it or not...though the eyes may roll now, one day they will look back on those tears and hold them near and dear to their hearts. When I graduated from High School, my dad wrote me a sappy letter and described his feelings. I blew it off in a way because I was so pumped! But--all these years later, I still have that letter and I like to read it on his birthday. Near and dear...

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Hey Sandra! I was wondering if you can give me the lyrics to the song "Paradise Valley" or a link to the lyrics. I wanted to share it with someone that does not go to the same church as us. I tried looking all over the Internet, but had no luck. I did find several churches called "Paradise Valley". Have a good week.