Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Soaking it Up!

I'm still here...
It's been quite a while since I blogged, but remember, Randy Wray says there's no guilt in blogland.

I've been soaking up every minute with my fun kids. I love having my sweet daughter home and I'm trying to look at Avery as someone who is ready to leave the nest. I'm not convinced, but he'll be fine. He's an amazing, caring, capable young man. I'm just really going to miss both of them.

Remember those games you've played where you use the little sand timers? Don't you remember that when it gets close to the end, the sand seems to run at the speed of light? That's what it feels like. We're coming to the end of the summer, and the sand is running out on my time with them!

We are going camping this weekend on the dunes. I'm going to pause here for those of you who know me well, so you can read that sentence one more time... Yes, I'm going camping.

Some say it's not camping until you're in a tent with no electricity...I say it's camping if I'm in a trailer on the sand with no outlets. So, I'll see if there are any pictures I'm willing to let you see next week when we get back...but, I'm looking forward to a new adventure with my gang. The Ocean, Sand, Avery driving his truck on the dunes, a good book, and S'Mores. What isn't fun about that?

Bless You...

3 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Enjoy the camping in the "great outdoors" and the S'Mores. Mmmm S'Mores... :)

cwinwc said...

It all sounds good here. Have a great time.

Unknown said...

One of the truly great family traditions. Just think, one day you'll be taking the trip with your kids . . . and their kids!