Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thanks, God!

O.K. It's a fuzzy pic, but our local Fresno State Bulldogs are loved by many in this town.

Now, for the point...

Do you have moments when you just close your eyes and smile and say, "thanks, God". Maybe it's something small, unimportant to those around you, but to you it's a recognizable blessing.



As most of you know, my two children will be leaving in about 8 weeks to attend Abilene Christian University in Texas.


Ashley loved her first year, and is even more excited this year as she is bringing a great big "show and tell"...her brother.

They are close and loving and very good to each other...of which I am so grateful.

I don't have any idea how I may handle that day...the day I drive away and leave my two babies 1411 miles away from me...


Recently, 4 big, hungry, sweet boys moved into a house right on the corner. They are 3 Fresno State football players and 1 roper. We have met, I have made them cookies, and we are now good friends.

I love that just at the point my focus of nurturing is leaving, another group is dropped right in my lap...or neighborhood in this case.


So, they've had cookies, chicken strips, mashed potatoes, cheesy bread, pork chops, rice, and ice cream sandwiches sent to them in various order. They love the attention ... I love the opportunity.


However, if coach shows up at my door and tells me I need to stick with their strict diet (which I've heard they have), I'll have to abide. I don't want to hurt the team!


Thanks, God!

Blessings...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember you sending us goodies all the way over here! You've got a good heart!

Now, let's hope for a winning season.

cwinwc said...

We can use some goodies in West Cocoa but since my wife has the same gift you have for caring and cookies, give my portion to "the boys."

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

That is great! Maybe your meals is the winning receipe this team needs. Go Dawgs!

Thurman8er said...

We have a couple of lawyers next door, working their way towards the bar. They get food too. Isn't it great to see the eyes light up when they see you coming?