Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Joe Beam

Did any of you see Joe Beam on the Today show yesterday?

I was getting ready for work and had it on. I listen but don't usually stop to watch unless something strikes my fancy.

Yesterday, they continued to "tease" this segment with sentences like:

"An evangelical preacher talking about something very uncomfortable..."
or
"Wait till you see what this evangelical preacher is talking to his folks about..."

I didn't pay much attention, but when they actually ran the story, they said his name which made me stop and watch. They ran a tape of him speaking to his audiences about sex and the pleasures and joy and blessing of it. They then did a live interview with him.

His message was good. They even had someone on with him to "counteract" what he was saying, but she couldn't. When it came her turn, she simply said "I think what he's teaching is great!"

So good to see the church in a positive light, isn't it? Maybe if we can talk to the world about things that grab their attention, we can eventually talk to them about their salvation.

Blessings.

3 comments:

julie said...

Sandra, I am praying for you and Lex. I know that this was from your last blog entry but I didn't see it until today. I wish that you were closer so we could sit down and talk about all this. I know it is scary but you know that you are surrounded by those that love you. Praying for peace and health.

cwinwc said...

I should have been watching "Today" instead of "GMA." We had Joe Beam at our church for his "Love, Sex, and Marriage Seminar" and it was outstanding. I would highly recommend it. The question and answer period is quite interesting.

I wonder if Nancy Grace will be slamming Joe tonight on her program?

Anonymous said...

I think if we could just learn to talk the world at all instead of alienating them, then we wouldn't have to talk to them about salvation. They would see it and find it.