Thursday, October 26, 2006

I blogged a few days ago, but kept it as a draft because I thought, after reading it, it was just whining. So, I read it again today, and yup...I was feeling sorry for myself...

But I'll tell you what it was about without the whining part.

I blogged about the many things I miss about having my kids home and young and within my control. I love the baby stage, I love the toddler stage, I love the elementary stage, I even love the teen-age stage (even though folks tried to tell me it was horrible! I disagree.) And, I love this independent stage. But, I miss those other stages. Particularly the babies and toddler age.

So, those of you who have had kids, tell me what you loved the most...or what you miss the most. Maybe it will help me to see that I'm not the only one who has a broken heart from time to time.

And kids, in case you're reading this...
Your 'ole mom is just fine.
Really. I'm great.
No...really...doing terrific! No worries here...Fantastic.

Totally cool with this new life stage...


Blessings.

6 comments:

ashley marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ashley marie said...

Well, since you miss it SO much...

I promise to try my hardest to sneeze some spaghetti out of my nose at Thanksgiving; just for you though!

But when grandma says "Oh Ashley Marie!" I blame you...
Love you mama!

julie said...

Sandra, you are not crazy. I, too, miss those baby years. I was in my element as the mother of little ones. They were so much fun and kept me busy and delighted every day. They still delight me but they are just so far away and so *&#! independent. I know, I know, that was the point of parenting...to make them independent but I can still miss them if I want to.

Thurman8er said...

Yesterday, before I left for work, I helped James find one of his "friends" that was lost in the dark recesses of his bed. After we found it, I stood behind him and watched him walk down the hallway, dragging Wiggly Snaky along the floor as he walked in his little "I just woke up" way. That image was just...perfect.

cwinwc said...

My son was verbal at an early age which for some reason prompted me to teach him a number of animal sounds. I "amazed" many a person when I got Steven to go through his selection of animal sounds.

Brady said...

I love the laughing at the table stage. The last few years have been incredible.