Friday, October 06, 2006

Miss, Sandra, I Have a Surprise For You...

Walked in from a very long day with the ZOE Conference in Nashville. I am fortunate enough to have good friends here that I stay with, so, as Avery and I walked in to their beautiful home, ready for a quick, good sleep, their little girl said to me...

"Miss Sandra, I have a surprise for you...it's over here...in your room..."

I figured she had decorated my room or made me a picture or something.

I followed her as she opened my bedroom door...

I saw nothing different at first, and then, from behind the bed popped my daughter. (the daughter who should be at ACU going to classes and taking tests!)

I gasped, cried, grabbed her and held her until she laughed and said, "sorry, brother, I'll have to hug you later, I guess!"

She smelled so sweet. Anybody else out there very sensitive (and I mean VERY sensitive) to the different sweet smells of life?

My friend, Eric, thought she may need to come see her Momma. Actually, I think her Momma may have needed to see her...

Needless to say, it's wonderful being here in Nashville, but to have BOTH my kids with me is a tremendous blessing!

4 comments:

paul said...

Cool! The conference is going great. Glad you could be with your kids too!

Brady said...

That is great fun. Neat!

Thurman8er said...

That was a HARD secret to keep.

cwinwc said...

Kudos to "Eric" for pulling that one off! Put a smile on my face when I read about your surprise.

Enjoy the conference and your kids, both of them.

Steve - I'm proud of you.