Monday, August 10, 2009

Time to Go


Sweet Daughter and I will soon take off for the drive we have become all too familiar with...

Fresno to Abilene, Abilene to Fresno

This is the week, beginning with Saturday, that I say things like, "this is the last Sunday you'll be here for a while, where do you want to go for lunch?" Or, "make sure you give me all those clothes so I can get them washed before we leave.." But the thing she can count on me saying over and over is this...

"Don't Go"

I say it with a twinkle in my eye and a tiny smile, because she knows I don't really mean "Don't Go".

Those two little words really mean a few different things.

"I can't believe my sweet little girl is in college."
"Goodness I miss you when you're gone."
"Of course you have to go...you let God lead your life and this is His direction."
"I am so. . .very. . . proud of you."

Just as she can count on me to say "Don't Go", her response is always the same.

"I love you, too, mama. And I have to go so I can come back."

I sure love that girl.

Blessings.





1 comment:

cwinwc said...

We'll finally join you on one of those drives (ours is only 2 hours) in a couple of weeks as we move son down to Palm Beach Atlantic University.