Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Particular about Pencils




I am going to reveal an idiosyncrasy of mine...

noun, plural -sies.
1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.

I want my pencils sharp!!

Not "usable" sharp, not "it's o.k." sharp, not "good enough" sharp. SHARP!

I have a cup, as you see in the picture above, that is filled with my freshly sharpened pencils.
I use them once, for a limited amount of time, and then place them down on my "to be sharpened" pile, which you see on my desk.
This never changes.

Oh, and I don't like those slick yellow (or fancy schmancy cutsie) pencils. I need the unfinished-like ones that I can grip in the "just right" fashion.

O.K. Now you know. I feel we've bonded.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Sandra--

HI! I love the look of your blog...so pretty! OK, so I had the most BIZZARE-O moment on the ship last week. There was a new piano player in one of the lounges so we went to see her. I swear to you--she was you. She looked like you, sang like you, and even her mannerisms were YOU. I honestly had to stare at her for a few minutes to figure out if someone was playing a joke on me...like you would eventually get up and go "SURPRISE!! It's really me!!" :)
I kept meaning to take her picture and send it to you and never did. But, I thought of you a lot that week. I hope you and Lex are well. Love you guys!