Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hmmm...When Did That Happen?




Maybe you recognize the "process" of "becoming", and maybe you don't.

It is possible you see it all happening before your eyes, but I'm guessing, you probably miss it...just like I do.

Some things are big, some are little. All are surprising, though, when you realize it was coming and you just didn't see it happening.

At some point, my little girl became a young woman. Sounds silly, I know, because she's been a responsible, capable, beautiful young lady for quite some time. But, there's a maturity that happens quietly, discreetly, gently...and quite honestly, if you're not paying attention, you miss it.

It's been wonderful having her home for a time until she returns for her last year at ACU. We have been so proud of her all along her journey.

But to all you mother's out there (and maybe I'm not giving father's enough credit...so I apologize), here's what happened yesterday.

After a long day at work, I walked in to the house to find dinner waiting, the table set, the house picked up, and...wait for it...THE KITCHEN CLEAN!

Oh...she's cooked before...but the mess that is left is hysterical. But not last night. She worked all day making a delicious dinner and making sure things were picked up and cleaned as she cooked...

We all sat down and had a wonderful family meal. Delicious, enjoyable, relaxing.

I had to giggle, though, when we were putting the leftovers away, she said..."whew! my feet hurt and I'm tired!"

"I'm sorry, honey. Thank you for all your hard work", is what I said...

BUT, what I wanted to say was, "Get used to it, baby!"

Blessings!


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Aww - what a wonderful young lady you have raised. Kudos to you and Lex!

Jason Locke said...

Great story!!!