Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday

Friday happens to be my day off...I love Friday's.


There are different feels to a day off. My boys (Husband and son) work regular M-F weeks, so Saturday we are usually together working on home/cars/yard together. We usually manage to fit in something fun at some point. Sunday, of course, isn't really a day off for anyone in my house. Although it's a wonderful day and we enjoy it together.


But Friday's...oh how I love me some Friday!


It's just me. (and the dog...who at present is curled up asleep beside me)


It's quiet. It's calm. I can do whatever I want. I can read, do laundry, mop a floor, spend quiet time with God, scrub a bathroom, watch a movie, take a nap, cook something yummy...the list goes on.


I believe everyone has their own definition of luxury. For me, Friday is a beautiful luxury.
..........................................................................................

O.k. Completely different subject...anyone following American Idol this season? Did you see when they made Paula's eyes turn red? It really scared me! I pulled the blanket up over my eyes like a 5 year old! It was truly creepy.

I would put something in my contract, if I were her, that kept them from making me look satanic to the American public! You have to draw the line somewhere!

LOVED the group with the teacher who's wife had died recently. Very well directed and a real feeling of unison and harmony...as opposed to most of the other groups.

Definitely no lack of drama so far this season!

Blessings

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I know just how you feel! Sometimes those quiet days at home are some of the best! (My personal favorite is Monday!)

Bless you!