Thursday, November 06, 2008

It seems like I'm forgetting...

I was heading out the door for work feeling like I'd forgotten something.

Have you had those times? You can't put your finger on it, but there was a strange feeling that I hadn't done something I was supposed to do.

Walked back through the house...checked the dog, the front door was locked, all appliances were off and unplugged. Looked in the mirror...all jewelry and lip gloss intact, clothes were on, buttoned, zipped.

Looked here and there making sure there was nothing else I hadn't done.

Such a strange feeling. Just this nagging, won't let go thought that there's a problem. Texted my daughter, she was fine. Prayed that whatever it was, God would shower grace on me and help me either remember, or take it away.

Driving to work, about half way there (which is about a quarter mile), I finally saw what I'd forgotten.

I turned around and went back to the house to slip some shoes on!

Blessings.



4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Ummmm....

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Good story...I seem to always forget something when I go on a long trip. I have had to buy the travel size of deodorant several times.

stephruns said...

I get that feeling all the time (but I don't think it had anything to do with shoes)

Brady said...

No shoes, huh?

Leave some at the office…