Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tag?

So, my brother "tagged" me, which means I'm supposed to pick up the nearest book with at least 123 pages, go to page 123, find the first 5 sentences, post the next 3 sentences.

O.K. There are many books that surround me. Lots of Bibles in different translations, many old books in my office that I cherish because this particular office used to belong to my friend, Wes Schmidt. Analytical Concordance to the Bible, Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, The New English Bible with the Apocrypha...seriously folks, remember this office used to belong to someone else and I cherish his books. I have not, I must admit, read them all!

But the things that really surround me at the moment are music books. New music, Old hymns, and my wonderful Praise and Worship Bible that is falling apart.

So, from the Bible, here it is: "Finally, they made the sacred medallion of pure gold to be worn on the front of the turban. Using the techniques of an engraver, they inscribed it with these words: SET APART AS HOLY TO THE LORD. This medallion was tied to the turban with a blue cord, just as the Lord had commanded Moses."

From my current book of music I am listening to:
"Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire is to be holy, set apart for You, Lord. I choose to be holy, set apart for You, my Master, ready to do Your will. Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down."

And from our beloved hymn book:
"Give me thy heart, says the Father above. No gift so precious to Him as our love. Softly He whispers wherever thou art, Gratefully trust me, and give me thy heart."

O.K. There you go. That was cool. Thanks, Steve.
Blessings!

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

I don't usually send these things on, but I thought this one really provided insight. Good stuff.