Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SingSong 08

I had the pleasure of heading to Texas last weekend for the annual Sing Song event at ACU. I had never seen the production before and must say, WOW!

The clubs all competed with amazing talent and coordination. If you don't know anything about SingSong, ask someone who has been and they'll gush for a long time about the amazing production this little school puts on.

It was exciting to be there as my daughter's club, the Kojies, WON! They (all 100 of them!) were the cutest Honey Bees you've every seen singing things like "Taking Care of Beezness", and "Don't Stop Beelievin", among other things. Our friend, Blaine Martin, from Fresno, also won. His club, Galaxy, happens to be the "brother" club of the Kojies. What a fun time it was!

I've been waiting to post about it because I wanted to give you a link to the Kojie performance. So far, no link, but when I get it, I'll post it. As a side note, our friends Clifford and Mary Reeves were there also because their grandson, Ben, was a "Sing Song Host". He sang and performed beautifully. I'm sure they were very proud!

Now that this time consuming event is over, maybe those kids can get back to studying!

Blessings!

3 comments:

Brady said...

It is a huge event. Always fun. A great way to meet people if you do the class Sing-Song. I have wonderful memories from that time. Glad you got to go…

Unknown said...

I remember those days.

Thurman8er said...

I'm so proud of your daughter. Blaine too.