Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School!

Most of you know I'm a big mush when it comes to my kids. Some of you are, also, whether you admit it or not!

Today was the first day of school at ACU. I couldn't be there to pack their lunch, iron their clothes, make sure they had what they needed, pray over them the night before, or kiss them good bye as they walked out the door with the constant reminder..."I love you. I'm proud of you!"

Sad as that is for me, I look at this pic that they so sweetly had someone take for their mushy mom, and think, "hmmm. looks like they managed without me!"

They look clean and pressed and happy. Maybe they will survive without my constant help. (nagging/help, whatever you want to call it!)

So, thanks God. You've shown me again that although I have a role in their lives, it's constantly changing and ultimately, you are the master planner. You are the one who has created them in your image with a purpose. And, only you truly know what that is.

So, happy first day of school to you, sweet children. I love you and I'm proud of you!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

I'm happy for them, but the row was too empty yesterday.

cwinwc said...

We had some empty rows at our church as well. You should be proud to have 2 great kids at ACU. Great picture.