Monday, April 30, 2007

I bought a DVD that is supposed to have some exercise "routines" I might be able to handle.

You see, I can't just go pick up any exercise routine, or take off running miles and miles. In fact, a dear friend has offered to walk with me, but her walk would be useless because I'll be very slow and very short. She'll have to exercise after we exercise just to get her work out in!

I found this DVD that has gospel music on it and I was thinking it might encourage me to hear the music as I do what I despise! I've known for two months that not only do I need to lose weight by eating healthier, but the exercise factor is a huge deal here. I would love to ignore it...in fact I have!

I bought this DVD days ago. (maybe a week or so ago) And finally, last night, I decided to put it in the player and see what it's all about. There was a very amateur production of a couple of 10 minute line dances, a 20 minute walking/step routine, and a 30 minute cardio workout. I loved it, it was entertaining. A little goofy, and quite low budget. But, the key here is that I could actually do what they were asking me to do.

At least I think I can. Last night, I just sat on the couch and watched it.

Maybe tonight I'll get up and join them!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Wendy Power said...

Heh - I've done the same with a yoga video. :D

julie said...

I would love to be able to come over and do it with you. Sometimes hokey is fun. I know how hard it is to be motivated to exercise, mostly when I am busy...I just don't want to take the time to do it.

cwinwc said...

(cue the music from Kung Fu)
A journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. It is always great pleasure to read your posts.