Monday, July 03, 2006

My brain is mush...

Glad to be home but loved loved loved the coast. If I ever strike it rich, I'll buy a home there and you all can come visit me any time!

Hope this finds you all well and happy and healthy. I didn't look at my email or blog one time all week, so this is slow going getting back in the swing of things.

There seems to be a lot to pray about these days...

church
staff
changes
family
children
marriages in trouble
people in trouble
death
new life

It's so good to belong to God. To be able to look to Him and hand over the struggles we face...whether for ourselves or those we love.

I'll post some pictures when my genius son puts them in a place I can reach. ("pictures for dummies" for his Mom...) I can take them, I just don't know what to do with them after that!

Blessings!



4 comments:

julie said...

Sandra, any news from your tests that you are willing to share? I have been praying and will continue.

cwinwc said...

Sandra, I have the same list. Glad you had a good time. We'll be at Greg's for his son's wedding in just a few days. Take care and I missed news about your tests. What ever they are, I will lift you up in prayer.

Give Lex a West Cocoa shout out.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally getting caught up on your blog site. "Tests" are stressful...my prayers are with you. And yes, there are so many people in great anguish. Personally, I am so thankful for my church family where the prayer warriors are working overtime, it seems. The fellowship there is where one can "lay ones burdens down".

Re: Ashley going to ACU. I remember well when that time came for Wendy, and how her faith SO totally over-powered mine. Pepperdine was the ONLY place she applied. It was HER trust in God that He would make this happen...and it did. During orientation, I was still in shock, but how well I remember that beautiful day in Alumni Park, listening to D'Esta Love talk to us about the reality of separation anxiety and such, and then finding myself suddenly in tears. That's when it really hit me. They were tears of joy also...knowing that Wendy was going to be in a nurturing environment...and that God would keep her safe. That whole process of her beginning college was just part of "letting her go" a little bit every day, and learning again the power of prayer. Through Wendy, I also learned more about faith, and at that time, it was a BIG thing. I don't know if it's anything of comfort for you, but don't ever doubt that if Ashley experiences stress, homesickness or feeling overwhelmed at times, it will be YOU she will call! I know...I remember the calls at midnight!

Please keep me in your prayers also, as I do for you. I'm facing some scary times that may be life-altering in all respects.

Love and Blessings!!

Generous Kitchen said...

Sweet words, Carolyn. Thank you.

Praying for you, too.